I can say from my experience that there are lot of people who hesitate to try to lose weight since they do not know where to start from. They might know that they must go on for exercise and diet regime however the lack of assessable goals creates uncertainty as well as this guides to failure before to begin! While starting your diet, the foremost question that everybody frequently enquires is about how many calories should i eat to lose weight? The answer for your question is not very difficult one. Using the simple calculation will help you to determine how many calories to eat to lose weight. You need not to severely shrink your calorie intake to shed pounds. You can read this article to know how many calories you should eat to lose weight successfully.
The required amount of calories that you should eat on a daily basis will depends upon few things:
- Age, gender and height
- If you need to lose, gain or maintain weight
- Your daily activity level
How many calories present in a pound?
Here, let us add an additional parameter to the equation that one pound of fat equals 3500 calories approximately. This signifies that when you consume or eat 3500 more calories than you burn within the period of time then you will add one pound. However, when you control to burn up 3500 more calories than your consume level you will lose one pound.
How many calories should i eat to lose weight?
Every person is different. When it comes to how many calories to eat to lose weight, not just the height, weight and age determines the calorie consumption but also other significant factors like density of bones, fat percentage, activity level, metabolism and muscle mass. To lose weight, the calorie that you consume should be less than what is needed to maintain your existing weight. Healthy goal is required to lose ½ to 2 pounds per week. For instance, if you want to lose 1 pound per week, you would require cutting 3500 calories a week otherwise 500 calories for each day, preferably through combination of exercise and diet. By no means cut back to fewer than 1200 calories a day without any medical supervision.
Your calorie burn calculation may be tricky through the detail explanation given above. The below given formula will help you to approximately calculate your calorie burn.
Your body weight x 14 = Overall calorie burned per day
Determine your BMI
The first thing you have to do is to determine on how many calories you require to uphold your current weight.
The daily calorie consumption is calculated as: BMR + DA value.
What is BMR?
Your Basal Metabolic Rate tells you the total amount of calories that your body requires to uphold your current weight: essentially, amount of calories required by your body to perform the daily functions such as heart beating and breathing. 20% of the Basal Metabolic Rate value (BMR) is consumed via your brain.
What is DA value?
The DA value is a short of daily activity value. Do you have habit of running daily? One hour of running roughly equals about 500 calories; consequently DA value for one day will be 500 calories. Certainly, this DA value depends upon your physical attributes and it can be either much lower or higher.
Accordingly, BMR + DA value will inform you the amount of calories that you must consume per day. For example, if BMR + DA value = 2000 kcal for each day than that signifies you must consume no in excess of 2000 kcal for each day otherwise you will begin to gain weight. Suppose, if you were to eat 1800 kcal for each day than that signifies you will begin losing weight.
You can use the below given formula to Calculate your BMR:
- Women: 655 + (4.3 x weight (in pounds)) + (4.7 x height (in inches)) – (4.7 x age (in years))
- Men: 66 + (6.3 x weight (in pounds)) + (12.9 x height (in inches)) – (6.8 x age (in years))
How to guarantee that you are eating the accurate quantity of calories for each day
Based on your weight performing from week to week, here is what you must do by following it.
- Are you losing your weight at an ideal rate? Congrats! It means your regular calorie intake is certainly perfect. You can continue eating the same amount of calories daily and enjoy the splendid fat loss results which are definite to follow.
- Are you gaining your weight or simply maintaining the current weight? This is so, your deficit or shortage is not a big enough and so needs to be improved. Therefore, reduce your current calorie intake through 250 calories (for example, if you just eat 2500 calories for each day, you can reduce it to 2250 calories) and monitor your weight for next couple of week. See what happens, move toward right back here as well as follow the suitable instructions.
- Are you losing your weight faster than an ideal rate? This is so and it is been happening for some weeks constantly, your deficit is little too big as well as it should be decreased. You can just add 250 calories to your daily calorie intake (for example if you just eat 2500 calories for each day, you can eat 2750 calories for each day) and monitor your weight for next couple of weeks. See what happens, move toward right back here as well as follow the suitable instructions.
Ideal rate of your weight loss on how much obese or fat you should lose
|Total fat to lose||Ideal rate of your weight loss|
|More than average||2lbs or more per week|
|Lower than average||0.5 to 1lb per week|
|Average||1 to 2lbs per week|
Weight loss calculator
Using the weight loss calculator will easily help you to calculate on how many calories should i eat to lose weight as well as in what time framework you can lose your extra weight. This calculator will just show you some protected levels of the calorie reduction. While selecting your activity stage use:
- Sedentary (no or little exercise)
- Moderately active (moderate sports or exercise 3 to 5 week/days)
- Lightly active (light sports or exercise 1 to 3 week/days)
- Very active (hard sports or exercise 6 to 7 week/days)
- Extremely active (extremely hard sports or exercise and 2x training or physical job)
You must remember that while it comes to lose weight you should be reasonable. CDC suggests that you will lose weight gradually, about 1 to 2 lbs for each week (amid 0.45 and 0.9 kg of obese loss per week). Fascinatingly, although your weight loss aim is extremely modest it is probable to produce some health benefits like reduction of cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
I hope the above given information on how many calories should i eat to lose weight might helped you to lose your weight easily and very effectively.